Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Pig Dissection Blog Post

Our Pig Dissection Video aka Jemimah the Baller!

The real deal (GOTTA WATCH!) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aW1REKnDW6E

The purpose of the pig dissection was to see how the organs and systems of the body work together to maintain homeostasis. By dissecting the pig, we were essentially looking into ourselves, to learn how our own bodies work. In this unit we learned about the different systems in our body, the organs within them, and how homeostasis is maintained. In this dissection, we got to see the organs of the circulatory, respiratory, digestive, and endocrine systems. My favorite part of this dissection was cutting open the heart because it was really cool to see the arteries and veins. I think the dissection was a valuable experience, because I now have an idea of what my body would look like inside. It also helped me understand where all of the organs are located in the body. 

No comments:

Post a Comment